The client should carefully review the specific conditions of the apartment before booking. Each owner has specific conditions (detailed on the apartment profile at the time of booking), which should be worked out with the contact person when receiving their details on the booking confirmation email. By proceeding with the booking, the client is agreeing to the specific conditions of the apartment booked.
- The client should inform the contact person of the approximate time of arrival a minimum of 3 days prior to the date of arrival.
- Guests must respect the property, as well as its furniture and equipment.
- Only as many guests as stipulated on the booking contract may be accommodated.
- It is not allowed to perform any activity that is illicit in the destination in question during the stay.
- The client should be ready to possibly sign a contract upon arrival at the apartment, or at the time of paying the oustanding booking amount.
- In order to be able to adequately respond to any complaint, the client should notify both the owner and Places4stay S.L. about any breach in the stipulations of the contract that he/she has checked in situ as soon as possible, and up to a maximum of 24 hours from the time of arrival, or from the moment the incident takes place. This notification should be made in written form so that it stays on the record, and include pictures if relevant. If the consumer fails to notify within the period and in the manner indicated above, he/she will not be able make a complaint, and will liable for all resulting damages or aggravations, as detailed on our Returns Policy.
For its part, Places4stay S.L. communicates the following:
• Places4stay S.L. is acting in good faith and in the role of intermediary in the contracting of the services offered on its websites.
• Places4stay S.L. cannot change the contract conditions set by each owner.
• The pictures and information shown on our site are directly provided by owners, and that said, owners may change those pictures periodically and at any given time.
• Places4stay S.L. can only be liable for direct damage caused by defects attributable to our obligations in what relates to our services, and only up to an amount corresponding to the service fee, as indicated on the booking confirmation email.
Thus, any booking cancellations due to strike, force majuere, or any other event beyond of our control will not be taken on by Places4stay S.L. However, in the event of cancellation on the part of the owner, we will offer you accommodation with identical features, and if we cannot provide a suitable alternative, the booking will be cancelled, and Places4stay S.L. will refund the amount paid as service fees and the booking total paid to date.
CANCELLATION AND NO-SHOW
In the event that the customer cancels the reservation, the amount of Booking Fee will not be returned. About the rental amount will depend on the cancellation conditions of each owner, you can always consult the description of the apartment. In the event that this apartment does not have its cancellation policy, automatically is applied the Places4stay cancellation policy. The same will also be applied in case of abandonment of the property before the departure. The customer most report by email. Any cancellation by the customer, including force majeure or apresentasión in the housing, is subject to cancellation policy above.
CANCELLATION POLICY - Places4stay S.L.
In the case of cancellation of booking by the customer:
If canceled up to 30 days before arrival, no penalties.
If canceled between 29 and 15 days before the date of entry, involves paying a penalty of 50% of booking value.
If canceled between less than 14 days before the date of entry, involves paying a penalty of 100% of booking value.
* This policy changes according to the selected accommodation. Please review the property advertise.
* New York properties: The guest will be charged 100% of the total price after reservation. The guest will be charged 50% of the total price if they cancel after reservation and the total price if they cancel in the 30 days before arrival.
* Costa Brava properties: Pre-payment of 50% to confirm reservation. 50% payment 7 days before arrival. Guest will be charged 50% if cancelled after reservation and 100% if cancelled in 7 days before arrival.
Changes in bookings are always subject to availability, the maximum occupancy of each specific property, current prices, and the conditions stipulated below. Modifications or changes to bookings are understood as any variation in the specific dates or number of guests in relation to the apartment booked. Under no circumstances can there be a change of apartment.
Each booking change entails a 20€ service fee to be applied directly at the time of confirming said modification.
Modification of dates: Any date changes must be made via email, by sending the new details to email@example.com, and as long as the following requirements are met:
- Increase in number of days: only as long as the same apartment is available on those dates, and once the difference between the original booking total paid online and the new booking total has been covered.
- Decrease in number of days: only up to one month prior to the date of arrival, and no refund of the original booking total paid.
- Under no circumstances are service fees refundable. If the user had paid part of the booking total in advance, and if after any modifications the booking total decreases, Places4stay S.L. will refund the difference between both amounts only as long as said modification is made up to 30 days prior to the date of arrival. If the third payment of the booking total is still pending, said difference will not be refunded, and it will be deducted from the final payment.
- If a promocode or promotional code was redeemed in the initial booking, the promocode discount will be maintained as long as the modification falls within the validity date of said promotional code. Under no circumstances can the absolute value exceed the value discounted at the time of booking.
Changes in the number of guests:
- Increase in the number of guests: as long as the number of guests falls within the specified maximum occupancy of the apartment. The change will only take effect after the difference between the original booking total paid online and the new booking total has been covered.
- Decrease in the number of guests: only up to one month prior to the date of arrival, and with no refund of the original booking total paid.
Places4stay S.L. will refund the rental amount paid online in any of the following circumstances, given that the client has met his/her obligations as detailed in the General Conditions.
- In the event of cancellation on the part of the owner, and when neither Places4stay S.L. nor the owner have been able to provide an alternate apartment to the satisfaction of the client.
- In the event that an apartment fails to meet the accommodation standards, or provide the equipment detailed on the Places4stay S.L. website, and only if the client notifies Places4stay S.L. within a maximum of 24 hours after check-in, and neither Places4stay S.L. nor the owner are able to find an alternate apartment to the satisfaction of the client.
- In the event of an emergency that renders the apartment uninhabitable at any point during the stay, and only if the client notifies Places4stay S.L. within a maximum of 24 hours after the time said emergency occurs, and neither Places4stay S.L. nor the owner are able to find an alternate apartment to the satisfaction of the client.
- In the event that the apartment abides by the Standard Cancellation Policy and the client cancels his/her booking within 48 hours from the time of booking.
- Places4stay S.L. reserves the right to reimburse refunds in a period of up to 1 month.
How does payment work? Each apartment has its own specific set of payment conditions that the owner publishes in full freedom. There are four modes of payment and cancellation.
How can I trust that payment is secure? Places4stay S.L. has been processing all payments in full transparency and security for over 2 years. The Places4stay website is encrypted from beginning to end, so that browsing is 100% safe. Places4stay S.L. uses the Thatwte Authority Certificate (www.thawte.com), thus facilitating secure transactions through encrypted forms that prevent client´s details from being viewed by third parties.
Transparency and security have been the company’s values. If you have any questions regarding our operation model, you can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org